Algae

Finntre725

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Dothan
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been keeping a Tank for about three years now. My phosphates are .07. My nitrates are around 2. All my other parameters are in check. I use a rodi. But I’m always having some bit of algae problem not green hair, algae or anything like that but that like slimy cyno type I’ve used chemi clean. No matter what I do it seems like there’s always a thin layer of algae. Even with my nutrients low. I’ve seen people that do hydrogen peroxide daily. I just need some help.

image.jpg
 
Does it go away when the lights are off for a day?
 
Here is a pic
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1782.jpeg
    IMG_1782.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 93
On the rocks, does it blow off easily or is it stuck down? The first is cyano, the second may be a green algae that might be best removed by a better clean up crew.
 
What does your CUC look like in your tank

Are you doing any water changes?
 
Brs tv has a bunch of episodes on algae, cyano, etc and how to kill it
 
Clean up crews heaven , lol I think you may need to up their numbers. But it doesn’t look bad to me
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new