Algae

Steel Curtain

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having trouble scraping algae stuck on my glass near the corners of my tank. I can’t use a razor blade because my tank is rimless and the caulking is on the inside. Is there another way to scrape it off?
 
Screenshot_20260908_112023_Chrome.jpg


Get yourself a set of brushes like the ones above by Oxo. Use that in the corners instead of trying to scrape the algae.
 
I tried a tooth brush and did not work
You need a stiffer bristle. Those are the exact brushes I use and they work fine for me. A little extra work will be needed on Coraline algae, but it will eventually get it off.
 
I will give them a try. Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new