Algae

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

steveohish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m cycling my tank and everything seems to be doing well starting to get coralline algae but I’m starting to get a lot of green and brown algae too I figure it’s normal, my lights were on a little to high I thought so I bumped them down in intensity and duration I know my KH is a little high my nitrates and ammonia not detectable, is it normal to have algae growth in the early stages sorry don’t have pictures

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m cycling my tank and everything seems to be doing well starting to get coralline algae but I’m starting to get a lot of green and brown algae too I figure it’s normal, my lights were on a little to high I thought so I bumped them down in intensity and duration I know my KH is a little high my nitrates and ammonia not detectable, is it normal to have algae growth in the early stages sorry don’t have pictures

Sometimes algae in the initial stages of a tank is common. Here is a video we did on Algae Control. :)

Honestly, this is a great question to also ask in the main Reef2Reef Reef Aquarium Discussion where you can also get advice and input from hundreds of well seasoned reefers from the entire R2R community!

-Randy

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Consider it your official initiation ;) Welcome to the new tank club!!

OP
OP
S

steveohish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I feed my tank with copepods and amphipods after the tank is done cycling

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back