AlgaeBarn not shipping pods

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Woodsbm812

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a package from AlgaeBarn on March 20 2019, and haven’t received my package yet. I have sent messages on their website numerous times and left a couple phone messages. Not trying to put them on blast, but it seems the customer support might need an overhaul. I have fish that are needing the copepods and have been told by several people they have good quality product. Just wanting some update of what’s going on.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just got mine today and the jar leaked all over and stinks!! Sent a picture via e mail asking for help and have not heard anything. Good luck to both of us I guess

Pard62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a package from AlgaeBarn on March 20 2019, and haven’t received my package yet. I have sent messages on their website numerous times and left a couple phone messages. Not trying to put them on blast, but it seems the customer support might need an overhaul. I have fish that are needing the copepods and have been told by several people they have good quality product. Just wanting some update of what’s going on.

@AlgaeBarn Yeah Im not sure I will order from them again, which sucks because I too have fish that would enjoy some good pods. It seems the hunt for a good pod company continues :(

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scratch that they just got my DOA and processing. Please reach out to them they probably just lost something along the line. They usually are very fast and thorough. Call if you can as well as another e mail. This is the fourth order I have gotten from them and the 1st to leak so I have had a very good track record

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advice would be to get a air pump that is quiet. I had a cheap Petco one sitting around and could hear it until I made room in a cabinet to hide the stuff. Maybe the whisper you can add on to the order is better?

Samira Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you dont want to make your own there’s a site called Aquaholics Aquaculture. I prefer them over Algae Barn. I have ordered from them several times and have had never had a problem with shipping. They also have more pods per bottle than Algae Barn. Good luck!

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190304_132305.jpg

The dark green one is a nano phyto culture growing.
The light green tank is the pod farm that feeds off a small amount of the phyto you make.
Both are a weekly harvest. Make room in the fridge for storage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Woodsbm812

Woodsbm812

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AlgaeBarn I recant my disapproval with the company. They called within an hr of me posting this and then today I had my box overnighted with an extra jar inside. If that’s not what customer service looks like then I need to quit reefing. Stand up company. I’ll let everyone know how well they treated me. Seems the supplier they purchase another product from was slow on shipping. I wasn’t looking to get more free stuff. The deal I received was over the top. Pretty much I paid for the box to be overnighted and got a box of free stuff. Thank you again.

bansheeGrl10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do apologize about the delay in communication. We have hired additional customer service staff as well as growing the company. We have been under construction and working diligently to get any issues and orders resolved and shipped. I am happy to hear we were able to resolve your matter. Please contact us anytime at [email protected] or call anytime 772-444-7637

bansheeGrl10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is correct. We are under construction at the facility and as well software to make sure we are providing better customer service and making sure all orders are shipped out promptly with little errors. We have offered a coupon for 20% off if you order now and wait til we ship on 4/29. However, subscriptions were are still working to get those auto ships still sent for customers.

dryad001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much do you spend on pods? It is easy to make your own forever with a $180.00 investment. Cheaper if you have a phytoplankton source. Check out Poseidon reef systems. They make a nice kit that I have and it's fun messing around with.

Wow, looks a lot better setup than i have. Im going to keep this in mind

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We apologize for the delay here. We have been working feverishly to upgrade our capabilities. We also hired another customer service agent to make sure our customers are well taken care of @bansheeGrl10. We will be posting some photos and videos of our upgraded capacity too :)

jugsmctugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AlgaeBarn @bansheeGrl10
Any update when orders will begin shipping? I noticed that the blog post on your website was quietly edited to change the shipping date from 4/29 to 5/6. I don't really care that there has been a delay, but I would appreciate an email or some other notice to keep me in the loop given that I've got an order pending.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back