Algea ID help

laempchen115

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Germany
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having trouble with a brown/greenish algea that seems to clump together as strings. Can anyone help me identify the algea(s) that are the culprit. Microscope images attached.
20260402_105825_5924D1C1-2A77-49D1-A925-5546B840C944.png

20260402_105924_981DEC5F-DC16-499E-A928-7231A2578D59.png

20260402_105925_984B51B0-EAC2-4FE6-812B-2DEBB095C5D6.png

20260402_105926_52673EE5-9697-4E72-B682-F79DB2E9F4FC.png

20260402_105928_22D88C87-1618-4394-BC2C-0FAFFB7CCB03.png
 
We need a tank photo under white light. I do see a few dinos in there as well!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new