Algeabarn?

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#teefsquad,

What are your thoughts? Are their macro truly pest free or has anyone had any bad experiences? Thinking of purchasing some pods and Macro

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered pods from AlgaeBarn, and had no problems with them. However, be aware many of the pods are too small to see with the naked eye. I looked at a single drop of water from the pod jar under my microscope and confirmed there were tons of live pods, but without the microscope it just looked like dust in the jar.

I have also ordered pods from Aquarium Depot and prefer them because they are much larger, some up to 1/4” long, so they are a more substantial meal.

See https://aquariumdepot.com/amphipods-copepods-1000/

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just today I read a thread on here where someone was concerned about a dragonette they got from algaebarn being smaller than advertised and algaebarn responded to the thread immediately and overnighted a care package of pods, food, and a few other items. That's awesome customer service. I'd use them without hesitation

OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just today I read a thread on here where someone was concerned about a dragonette they got from algaebarn being smaller than advertised and algaebarn responded to the thread immediately and overnighted a care package of pods, food, and a few other items. That's awesome customer service. I'd use them without hesitation
That's great

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
#teefsquad,

What are your thoughts? Are their macro truly pest free or has anyone had any bad experiences? Thinking of purchasing some pods and Macro
Let me know what questions and concerns you have that we may be able to resolve!

Anthony Cusumano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made my first purchase from algae barn few months ago. The “clean” cheato was full of little aptasias

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I made my first purchase from algae barn few months ago. The “clean” cheato was full of little aptasias
While we treat all of our macros thoroughly and often grow our own in environments that have never seen a tank, or fish, or any envrionment with potential for aiptasia, we also provide our satisfaction guarantee for all of our products. Did you happen to file a claim, speak with one of our representatives or get this taken care of at any time? Let us know, we are happy to sort this out for you.

Anthony Cusumano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 minutes after I put it in the sump I realized what was in the cheato and I went full damage control, drained the sump and spent an hour picking the aptasia out from inside the cheato. Didn’t take any pictures so I didn’t bother contacting @AlgaeBarn

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While we treat all of our macros thoroughly and often grow our own in environments that have never seen a tank, or fish, or any envrionment with potential for aiptasia, we also provide our satisfaction guarantee for all of our products. Did you happen to file a claim, speak with one of our representatives or get this taken care of at any time? Let us know, we are happy to sort this out for you.

What remedy does the guarantee have for a tank that gets aiptasia? Is it sending another order of algae, sending peppermint shrimp to eat the aiptasia?

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have ordered pods from AlgaeBarn, and had no problems with them. However, be aware many of the pods are too small to see with the naked eye. I looked at a single drop of water from the pod jar under my microscope and confirmed there were tons of live pods, but without the microscope it just looked like dust in the jar.

I have also ordered pods from Aquarium Depot and prefer them because they are much larger, some up to 1/4” long, so they are a more substantial meal.

See https://aquariumdepot.com/amphipods-copepods-1000/
Yes, we like to send much younger pods. They have a much better chance at seeding your aquarium as opposed to becoming a quick snack for your fishy friends! :) ~Shaun K.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.8%
  • None.

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back