OP
OP
Daydream Corals

Daydream Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if until I get two part do I just use more then what they say to use in a day because they tel you not to dose over a certain amount in a day ?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if until I get two part do I just use more then what they say to use in a day because they tel you not to dose over a certain amount in a day ?
As long as you don't raise your alk more than 1.4 a day you'll be fine

OP
OP
Daydream Corals

Daydream Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for better growth . My acros were growing more when the alk was over 7.5 . Now I feel like they are just hit a wall and stopped growing a lot. Thanks for all your help I was just scared to add to much but I guess I have to add more.maybe space it out through the day ' probably smart to invest in a manual doser or maybe start kalk because my calcium gets eaten up pretty fast also!

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stick with the AF products if they are working good. Just increase your dosing. It might be time for you to buy the big jugs.

Tomorrow I would just increase your normal dose. get a syringe. Stop measuring by cap fulls. Measure out a number, it'll be easier to get things adjusted.

OP
OP
Daydream Corals

Daydream Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pro bio s & np pro once a week or twice a week if my nutrient levels go up. I use Ca, Alk, mag. I use amino mix, energy, build , pro-v . I feed my corals af pure food, Ricco F, Af coral food and af calanus. Also going to get there salt this week to do a water change I have been using natural sea water but I think using there salt will help with my numbers .

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you mix your own from the dry components it is about twice the strength of their premix. Head over to the AF sub forum there are a ton of users there and videos about it. Brs two part is effectively the same, but with AF you can also dose some trace elements as part of their 1-2-3 balling method. Brs also raised the prices a bit on 2 part so it’s probably comparable cost-wise.

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U need to get the components 1-2-3. Its their balling method. I dose 50 ml a day spread throughout the day via doser. All 3 parts come in 5liter jugs which is 5000ml. So if u dosing 50 ml a day you have for 100 days.
I have heavy stocked 65 gallon mixed reef.

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you gotta do the at 1-2-3 it's the best stuff you can use IMO.been using it 4 months and wow!the colors I see now in my sps are incredible compared to what they have been the last 5 years.buy the bundle from brs $49 3x 5000ml jugs.dose 50ml per 27gal aquarium water.do the math to see how long will it last you.so simple to use

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest buying the bundle first so you have the jugs, then buy all the things needed to make your own and do it that way. It will save you money in the long run and you get more out of it.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to switch over from BRS to AF mainly for the more potent alk. I only have a 65g but heavy coral and consume 130ml daily of basic alk. That means more frequent doses container refills and more time spent. AF has been stated to use less amount because of the higher potency so hoping to switch over just for less refills.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In potency I think it goes BRS -> AF -> Triton core 7. Have you checked Randy’s website for his DIY two part? I think his is pretty strong, too. Just remember that the stronger the concentration the higher the flow in the area you dose. If I could I would dose mine in the overflow, or right at the drain. I’m not a fan of dosing anything in the return as that motor is warm and calcium buildup inside of it can cause premature failure. I currently dose between baffles where I have a power head to further help prevent precipitation. :)

Haberdasher

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a heck of a time chasing Alk and Calc when I first setup my tank too. I was dosing a ton and the numbers weren't changing, all of it was going into precipitation and also turning my sand into concrete. This article helped me get it straightened out. https://www.advancedaquarist.com/2002/11/chemistry

I had to do several water changes to get the chemistry back to a point where the alk and calc would not precipitate. Once I reached a clean slate I could start dosing slowly minding what's in the article. Dose alk a little, test, increase a little, dose calc a little, test, increase a little. Both need to be dosed in balance to reach your target levels.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back