AlK, calc & mg question.

  • Thread starter Thread starter TwelveL16
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TwelveL16

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2014
Messages
1,922
Reaction score
703
Location
indiana
Rating - 100%
2   0   1
Recently my tank has been going through Alk like crazy I’ve been keeping it right around 7 by dosing baking soda here and there. I’ve been on vacation so it’s been somewhat neglected. While it was at 7 calc was 520ish with out dosing anything and mg was 1430ish with out dosing anything. I’ve recently brought Alk up gradually to 9 and I’m now maintaining it by dosing soda ash through out the day. I’ve noticed since doing so,

calc has dropped to 450 and mg has gone to 1480 with out dosing anything for mg.

Why is this? How is my MG rising?

Testing is via trident no recent reagent change.
20251125_112613_286455CE-9379-4DA1-9EF5-43CF1C9862AC.png


20251125_112614_34B412CB-55B1-4F87-A76D-855A5162AE37.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new