alk programming question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think I've got this down, but I am not 100% sure about which command will take priority. I am wondering if there's any conflict between the two commands, or will one override the other?

for example if my alk goes above the set point at 9.00 and turns the c02 off, will it come back on once the ph rises above that set point in this configuration? or will it stay off till the alk drops below 8.7

I guess I'm just not sure which order these should be in. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2019-02-16 13.15.43.png

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know much about the Apex software, but most programs execute line by line. So the second set with the alkalinity would cancel the first set. Better would be to nest the two together.

If alk<9 && alk>8.7 then
If pH>7 && pH<7.20 then
ON
Else
OFF

Not sure what that would be in apex speak, but that is what I would do.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've got this down, but I am not 100% sure about which command will take priority. I am wondering if there's any conflict between the two commands, or will one override the other?

for example if my alk goes above the set point at 9.00 and turns the c02 off, will it come back on once the ph rises above that set point in this configuration? or will it stay off till the alk drops below 8.7

I guess I'm just not sure which order these should be in. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2019-02-16 13.15.43.png
Is this trident related or generic? Am wondering what you using to measure alk. And what is CArx?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is this trident related or generic? Am wondering what you using to measure alk. And what is CArx?

thanks alot for the replies

I have the kh guardian, with the aim module hooked up to my apex

Had it set up to the apex a while now, just decided today try to actually use it as a control means. my motivation was more to have the c02 shut off if alk went above the set point, more as a back up fail safe of sorts, rather than actually control my calcium reactor if that makes sense CArx is my co2 solenoid

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks alot for the replies

I have the kh guardian, with the aim module hooked up to my apex

Had it set up to the apex a while now, just decided today try to actually use it as a control means. my motivation was more to have the c02 shut off if alk went above the set point, more as a back up fail safe of sorts, rather than actually control my calcium reactor if that makes sense CArx is my co2 solenoid
Thank you adam. Got it.
I also been using khg for 2 years now. Love it. They offer a special module for CArx byw you should check it out.
I never did that cause am using dastaco CArx.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 76 48.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back