Alkalinity and calcium different dosages and balling method.

Michael Adam

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2017
Messages
562
Reaction score
253
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20250905_144805.jpg

I was wondering I'm dosing 220ml of alkalinity over 24hrs. and 144ml of calcium over 24hrs. Is this normal? I recently started the tropic marin hybrid balling method and I'm wondering about the different amounts in dosing. I adjusted the A element lower because of the larger dose. Does that seem ok? I sent for an icp test and should have it a day or two. I have tested the alkalinity and calcium with two different tests. They come out very close to each other. Pic of tank to show how much coral is there. Thanks for any info.
My parameters are
Nitrate: 13.5
Phosphate: .15
Alkalinity: 8.2
Calcium: 425
Magnesium: 1325
Ph: 8.1-8.4
Salinity: 35
 
Yeah that sounds about right in terms of overall quantity....and I think ratio differences from part to part aren't too uncommon. Do the instructions state that doses should be 1:1:1?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new