Alkatronic question

bucfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the Alkatronic controller and plan to use that to monitor my alk. I see the controller also has a doser built in so it can dose alk to maintain the alk within the desired range. However the instructions say to continue using my current Part B doser and use the Alkatronic only to top off. So how do I do that? Do I need a separate dosing container with Part B attached to the Alkatronic? And do I keep my current dosing schedule the same?

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the idea is to have your normal dosing pump doing your normal schedule from your normal reservoirs, and the additional controlled doser either with a separate line into the same reservoir or into a separate reservoir.

And if you notice that the alkatronic constantly notices that alk is too low and needs to add stuff, increase your normal schedule

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before using the alkatronic as a dkh dosing allow it to bed in

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would keep the part B on its own dosing schedule with its own reservoir. Set the alkatronic up with it's own individual soda ash reservoir. You want the alkatronic to be a safeguard to a failure on your main doser, you also want the alkatronic to make fine adjustments to dkh as your consumption rate changes to eliminate larger than normal swings....

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hooked a separate line from my dosing container to the alkatronic. Just as others mentioned, keep your alkalinity control the same as it was, just have the alkatronic adjust as needed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back