All 4 reef odd residue

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just mixed a batch and this has formed in my dosing container. I’ll make another batch shortly just in case but any ideas what’s going on? I use the powder with zero TDS rodi.
IMG_1570.jpeg

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just mixed a batch and this has formed in my dosing container. I’ll make another batch shortly just in case but any ideas what’s going on? I use the powder with zero TDS rodi.
IMG_1570.jpeg
It is very hard to see exactly what is going on in the photo. But this looks like some kind of bacterial or algae growth. You said that you "just mixed" this batch up. Can you tell me how long between your first mixing this and taking this photo?

OP
OP
B

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very hard to see exactly what is going on in the photo. But this looks like some kind of bacterial or algae growth. You said that you "just mixed" this batch up. Can you tell me how long between your first mixing this and taking this photo?
Hey Lou, maybe 2 days? I try to get a better pic before I make some more

OP
OP
B

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1573.jpeg
IMG_1574.jpeg

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@boogiesnap I don't know how his would have grown in just a couple of days. But it still looks like some kond of growth to me. I would wash everything our with vinegar and rinse very well, then try mixing a new batch. You may never see this come up again. If it does, please reach out to me so I can help you try to figure out what is going on.

OP
OP
B

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@boogiesnap I don't know how his would have grown in just a couple of days. But it still looks like some kond of growth to me. I would wash everything our with vinegar and rinse very well, then try mixing a new batch. You may never see this come up again. If it does, please reach out to me so I can help you try to figure out what is going on.
Okay. Thank you. Did that today. I’ll update what I see in a couple days.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back