Status
Not open for further replies.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for the article! My husband and I just purchased our first two wrasses. We have a very small (1" to 1 1/2") yellow coris wrasse and a larger filamented flasher wrasse in our QT. We have a sand box in the QT, as well. I want to dose prazipro, but I heard wrasses can be sensitive to prazi. What would you suggest? Thanks
Wrasses handle prazi fine. It is an advisable part of qt.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for the article! My husband and I just purchased our first two wrasses. We have a very small (1" to 1 1/2") yellow coris wrasse and a larger filamented flasher wrasse in our QT. We have a sand box in the QT, as well. I want to dose prazipro, but I heard wrasses can be sensitive to prazi. What would you suggest? Thanks
Wrasses handle prazi fine. It is an advisable part of qt.
I'm rather untimely in a response here, but I agree with eatbreakfast and personally I always do 2 rounds of it in QT.

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always loved the Eight-lined Flasher. Hunter, in your description you say they are "Much more aggressive than most Paracheilinus, and even some Cirrhilabrus, but is still compatible with both". Does that mean that he would be top dog but still get along or should I avoid this flasher? Too risky to take a chance on?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always loved the Eight-lined Flasher. Hunter, in your description you say they are "Much more aggressive than most Paracheilinus, and even some Cirrhilabrus, but is still compatible with both". Does that mean that he would be top dog but still get along or should I avoid this flasher? Too risky to take a chance on?
In 4'+ systems, eightline flashers will work their way to the top of the hierarchy, and are best added after more passive wrasse species.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely depends on the tank size. If large enough, yes - things will be just fine.
In 4'+ systems, eightline flashers will work their way to the top of the hierarchy, and are best added after more passive wrasse species.
And I agree with that rule of thumb. I tend to think of it as a >120 gallon species for safe mixing.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Completely depends on the tank size. If large enough, yes - things will be just fine.

And I agree with that rule of thumb. I tend to think of it as a >120 gallon species for safe mixing.

Mr. MACNA Talk knows his stuff!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mr. MACNA Talk knows his stuff!
Ha ha! I will attend my first MACNA talk this year when Hunter speaks. This is one I'm interested in! :D

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha! I will attend my first MACNA talk this year when Hunter speaks. This is one I'm interested in! :D
You've done yourself a disservice not attending any presentations the past 2 years... ;Facepalm
I've seen several during that time which were certainly more valuable than mine will be.

Stolireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great write-up. Unfortunately, my little brain will require frequent visits to this article when purchasing my first/next wrasse.

Wael Binali

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh Crap! I wish I had read this first, lol. I have a tank with a small six line, a tang, 2 clowns and a cleaner wrasse that eats like a pig and seems to be doing great.... And I wanted more wrasses.... But now that I have read what everyone is saying about the six line.... gggrrrr, he's very small. I wanted a trio of leopards and a melanarus. If I change the rockscape completely (wihout damaging the coral) will that work to have the six line think he's in a different space?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh Crap! I wish I had read this first, lol. I have a tank with a small six line, a tang, 2 clowns and a cleaner wrasse that eats like a pig and seems to be doing great.... And I wanted more wrasses.... But now that I have read what everyone is saying about the six line.... gggrrrr, he's very small. I wanted a trio of leopards and a melanarus. If I change the rockscape completely (wihout damaging the coral) will that work to have the six line think he's in a different space?
Unlikely. It may work if he doesn't think he is a sixline anymore, but otherwise if you want leopards rehome the sixline.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Unlikely. It may work if he doesn't think he is a sixline anymore, but otherwise if you want leopards rehome the sixline.

Lol was just about to tag you.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with eatbreakfast; unfortunately that won't work. It will need to be outright removed before you add any new wrasses.
Lol was just about to tag you.
So am I just chopped liver on my own article? lol :p ;Dead ;Eggonface

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with eatbreakfast; unfortunately that won't work. It will need to be outright removed before you add any new wrasses.

So am I just chopped liver on my own article? lol :p ;Dead ;Eggonface

Oh, not at all! Sorry about that bud I have the up most respect for both you. I love reading your articles. This was simply a case where i was quickly responding during my breakfast break at work. Naturally "eatbreakfast" comes to mind. And of course he's right on top of it before I was able to respond hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back