All for Reef on larger tanks

bullseyereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i use all for reef on my nano tank and its great. Keeps all my levels perfect.
I upgraded to a 110 gallon system. I know All for Reef is expensive to dose on larger systems (pre mixed)
Tropic Marin has the All for Reef that you can mix on your own.
has anyone used this on a larger system?
how does it compare cost wise to using 2 part?
is it worth it?

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ca reactor and kalk stirring for top off is hard to beat money wise. Still need to keep ph up every now and then. If your coral load is low you won't need it, but once you have a 100 half filled having the automated is pretty nice

mvbrandt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using AFR since Day 1 in a CADE 1500. I used the BRS DIY kit and have today just shifted to the powder.

The results are absolutely stunning and the cost of the DIY and powder is negligible in the grand scheme of a large tank.

8 months of AFR:

OP
OP
bullseyereef

bullseyereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using AFR since Day 1 in a CADE 1500. I used the BRS DIY kit and have today just shifted to the powder.

The results are absolutely stunning and the cost of the DIY and powder is negligible in the grand scheme of a large tank.

8 months of AFR:

beautiful results, ill be switching over from 2 part to ARF powder next week. Excited to see how it looks over the next months.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back