OP
OP
thomas_neil

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up ordering the red sea blue bucket. Had the params I am looking for and was cheaper that TM. Hopfully I get it before Thursday, didnt get a chance to do a water change last week so will be doing a 20% this week. Hopefully I can use the new salt for this one and get my Alk issue resolved.

And to answer the PH question its always around 8.2. I test PH between 12-1 (my lunch break) twice a week.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think im going to make the switch to tropic marin. They seem to have easier parameters to maintain. I like the coral pro because I feel it gives me better growth in my tank at home, but I also dose a tone of 2 part to sustain the elevated levels. I want to keep this tank simple which is why I chose to run all for reef in it.

I think I'll switch salts, continue to test levels and find where the sweet spot is before dosing.
If you like redsea, the blue bucket mixss to 8 to 8.5 dkh

OP
OP
thomas_neil

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I noticed the calcium always mixes low, around 320, so I just dose calcium to it to bring it up to 420 before I add it to the tank. I've also dialed in my all for reef. 3ml per day keeps me around 8.3dkh and 420ppm calcium. Started at 1.2ml and slowly brought it up over the last 2 weeks, testing every other day.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back