All for reef

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how much stronger this is than the average two part ?

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how much stronger this is than the average two part ?
I don’t know if you really compare the two like that. I use it to maintain my Alk cal and mag almost perfectly. I usually do have to add a very small amount of part 2 (2 part) to get my Alk back up a notch. For example AFR keeps my Alk at 8.3 dead on but usually drifts down to 8 by Sunday and I add 5ml or so of the part 2 and we are good at 8.3 again. Now with that small amount it might be my Hanna reading off. I can tell you my tank uses 1.4 of dkh per day and I dose 30 mil of AFR daily and alk stays almost dead on. I test cal and mag weekly and alk every other day. Cal and mag never need to be boosted. There might be a formula in there somewhere.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two parts vary between brands.

While the Tropic Marin website has some very strange language on potency, it appears to be 40,000 ppm calcium. My DIY two part (such as BRS sells) that uses sodium carbonate has a calcium level of 37,000 ppm in the calcium part.

So they are quite close in potency, but, of course, with the two part you dose two volumes (alk and calcium) of the same size as the one volume of All for Reef.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back