all lights flickering when they should be OFF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i happen to notice last night that, after all tank lights were to be off that all bulbs on the reefbreeder v2+ were flashing steady. at a very low light volume. so low that if i were to set a bulb at 1%, 1% is even higher than what they flash at. its very dim, but like i said, they are all flashing. However, now that lights are on, and in the custom mode light schedule, they light as they should. no flickering, all diodes are lit as they should be, etc. even the ones that are programmed to 0, are off and not flickering. its all good when operating within a programmed light schedule, but when lights are supposed to be 0, they all flicker at steady intervals (flash every second). if i use the remote to turn the schedule off manually, they all flicker.

Any thoughts? or any other experience with this.

I am lucky enough to have another reefbreeder light here to see if it is a setting within the remote, and it doesnt seem to be that. the secondary light, when its supposed to be off, its off.

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think some voltage was going pass the internal power shut-off to the light. i don't know how this particular lights is build but that's the only explanation i can possible see. has to be faulty switch or control board it self.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your light!

I’ve not encountered this particular issue- would you mind sending me a video?

Here is a link to our customer service page:

OP
OP
melonheadorion

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your light!

I’ve not encountered this particular issue- would you mind sending me a video?

Here is a link to our customer service page:

ill post it to the customer service as well, but am posting in here just so that it can be seen. i show first, what its like with all lights on, and then turn them full off to show the diodes still blinking, then i turn it to the nighttime preset which has only blue at 1%, so most diodes should be at 0%, but you can see that they are blinking. at night, and without a camera, its easier to see that there is a visable light, but the video shows what i am speaking about enough

also, correction to my previous post. i thought that using a programmed light schedule didnt create flashing in the diodes that were not being used, but found that any diode that is off, whether the whole light is completely off, or just off because of hte light schedule, flashes when off.

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.7%
Back