All you chalice freaks out there

shapermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice frags, give to ones that dont look so goo some time there stressed....:)

cntryboi407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be okay. Doesn't appear to be a lot of skeleton showing. Just let them be and recover.

Tanked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought they all looked good except for the favia frag and 1 chalice.Just like above give them time before considering them lost.

shapermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when you order it is a good idea to let the seller know what the weather is like where you live to. when I ship since I am in Ca i dont know how cold it is really. I have to go by is the news and we know that is not all that helpful..:(

JOSE CASAS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They stressed but they will survive. I have rec much worst shape pieces and they end up recovering g/l

pwoller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they are going to survive, but to give them the best chance make sure they aren't in a high light area. In my tank I'd shade them.

Pellaeon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a gorgeous mummy eye come in from OIAB that reacted very poorly to the freezing cold, the chalice recessed to the point that you could barely see the eye, also had a gorgeous acan in that batch that was very nearly toast. I was 100% positive both were going to die. Both of them expelled all color. About a month later after a little TLC they are starting to look like what they originally had, the acan first now the chalice has grown back out with some green coming back, and the eye is already glowing.

I guess my point is, I have personally seen a lot worse and as far as I can tell yours have a very very good chance of making it. I put mine into my 4x T5 lit 46gal tank at the bottom with average to lower flow until I could tell they were physically healed up, then popped them into the 25g with the 250W 20K halide.

:bigsmile: Oh and OIAB is great, we just got nailed with some very unexpected cold weather and tons of snow.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back