OP
OP
nanogal

nanogal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One full syringe of titrant has a mag value associated with it. Depends on the kit, but often 1500-1600 ppm. Adding a bit more (say, 0.1 mL) also has a value associated with it, such as 100 ppm. Add the full syringe value to the partial syringe value to get a number like 1600 + 100 = 1700 ppm.
okay great thank you. i’ll do that. any suggestions to lower it?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay great thank you. i’ll do that. any suggestions to lower it?

Sure. unless you added a huge amount, you are a perfect candidate (and rationale) for the RMM method: do absolutely nothing to test or dose or lower magnesium. :)

OP
OP
nanogal

nanogal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure. unless you added a huge amount, you are a perfect candidate (and rationale) for the RMM method: do absolutely nothing to test or dose or lower magnesium. :)

haha thank you, i actually read your thread on your RMM method earlier! I’ll just do that from now on and avoid the stress and hassle.

You think the high magnesium is why my LPS have been unhappy? All other parameters are where they should be except my nitrates and phosphates are near 0. (i say near bcuz i tested using an API kit and i know they’re not the most accurate) but i plan on feeding more to try and bring them up and keep up my water changes to keep my alc, cal, and mag regulated.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.1%
Back