Alveopora eggs or just poop?

SandNRocks

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2023
Messages
145
Reaction score
194
Location
Campton
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During an aggressive water change, my alveopora closed up and every polyp released what looks like an egg. It may just be waste but compared to the waste of every other coral I have, it seems different. Anyone else ever have this happen with theirs?

Heres a picture of a bunch of them
C8827CB6-CBB6-4985-B3CB-CE14B4C29780.jpeg
 
Unfortunately, I can't find any pics of Alveopora eggs to compare against, so I don't know for sure, but I'd guess it's possible. Hopefully someone who knows for sure (having seen either the eggs, the waste, or both before) will chime in for you here.
 
During an aggressive water change, my alveopora closed up and every polyp released what looks like an egg. It may just be waste but compared to the waste of every other coral I have, it seems different. Anyone else ever have this happen with theirs?

Heres a picture of a bunch of them
C8827CB6-CBB6-4985-B3CB-CE14B4C29780.jpeg
Alveopra I believe is sperm release and these really do look like uneaten pellet food
 
I would guess it is eggs of some sort. Coral poop looks like a brown string.
 
Alveopra I believe is sperm release and these really do look like uneaten pellet food
Ive had it several weeks and dont feed any pellet foods so thats not it for sure.
 
I have a macroalgae jar and threw most of them in there to watch and after a few hours they broke down into smaller spheres. After a few days they were gone. Still sort of thinking eggs, Thanks for the responses everyone
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new