Alveopora kinked polyps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baronen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Baronen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2020
Messages
365
Reaction score
131
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a alveopora that extends 3-4 inches and I notice that sometimes some of the polyps appear kinked or bent and the area that is bent is much darker in color. These tend to go away and then come back in other polyps. I feel like it could be from when I turn off all flow during feeding and the polyps stop moving and kinda bend over. Anybody else notice this? Is it harmful in any way?
 
I’ve got a alveopora that extends 3-4 inches and I notice that sometimes some of the polyps appear kinked or bent and the area that is bent is much darker in color. These tend to go away and then come back in other polyps. I feel like it could be from when I turn off all flow during feeding and the polyps stop moving and kinda bend over. Anybody else notice this? Is it harmful in any way?
Yes gliwvrelated and ideal is pulsing flow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new