Am I dosing ESV Bionic Two Part correctly?

NervousReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Randy I have a few questions about dosing two part correctly. I’ve read several of your post and I know you can point me the right direction.

I recently started dosing Esv two part, I’m using a kamoer f4 pro and I have approximately 56 gallons of water, all lps coral. I followed the directions on the bottle for starting dose “1 ml per 4 gallons of water” which came out to 14 ml of both (alk &cal) per day.

I started Saturday evening with alk 6 doses, 1 every hour @ 2.3ml each. Next day Sunday Alk was 8.72 now it’s 9.17, should I continue dosing this way? The instructions say not to go above 10dkh.
FK2L8i_vfdcdV97t5rvUbJ4EfWwWYAh8hLjtyM9u51X9dKETUauwyZmwZO0WI3zD5vHRWRilEP2Vuoc1R8jcQpq6L8-Tj_OCzs5o69c8O6EyMfFFe_rwE5LOuR83qlowuWsrgrZTeEIwQ2IFZhw_=s0-d-e1-ft
2b2KXdH_Wz1soka3kzfU2pJ02xxPPVXjAsQFIhEIU2hTdfI6d2UqmYVxDtjOvtBxY8WA2dyVeJq8SjE_RVtGgIOBsFQSEJpIoNKQXxmoFmBuKJuQ-kWEtLAG20Mk65g769Y72CiLM79s7gW6GMU-=s0-d-e1-ft

My calcium is at 455 ppm.
My salt is Tropic Marin Bio Actif, numbers for freshly mixed salt is 8.7dkh, 440 ppm and 1350 ppm.

Sorry for such a long message, just trying to get it right and not panic, Thanks.

P.S. I’ve also been referring to this article about two part dosing :The Right Way to Use 2-Part Additives

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually values are within range for good coral growth so you can just calculate maintenance amounts of parts A/B.

Upvote 0

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As Randy indicated acceptable values are between 7-11 dkh where stability is much more important.

PS I’ve lost some nice SPS colonies because I got busy at work and wasn’t monitoring salinity and by adding two part my salinity eventually got so high I stressed by corals. The same is true for alk. If you measure salinity and alk weekly and keep it stable you are 80% there.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NervousReefer

NervousReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As Randy indicated acceptable values are between 7-11 dkh where stability is much more important.

PS I’ve lost some nice SPS colonies because I got busy at work and wasn’t monitoring salinity and by adding two part my salinity eventually got so high I stressed by corals. The same is true for alk. If you measure salinity and alk weekly and keep it stable you are 80% there.
Ok that sounds good. I’ve only had one sps frag and it kicked the bucket in a week. Don’t think my tank is ready for those yet

Upvote 0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back