• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Amazing Bubble Tip from Cultivated Reef!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted Cultivated Reef to see if they had any "XL" bubble tips, to be a in my 300 gallon. They didnt have them listed, but I figured it was worth a shot. Holly sent me photos of her beauties with an excellent price, and did not disappoint!

Instead of the single XL nem, a few weeks later I ended up with one big, one medium, and one small. Thats on me for being unable to make it happy those first couple days- big nems are prone to splitting due to stress!

But since then it has split again, with each split being prettier than the last! So overall, 3 for 1?!?

The (current) mama after having 2 splits- not bubbled up in this photo but usually is.

Notice the speckling and the green!!!

8xLdZF8.jpg

Split #1, caused by it getting up to my overflow box. Initially this was a tiny little thing of red goo, hanging over the overflow. I put it into a hole.... and:

BOOM! Look at that green!

pfRQ9nR.jpg

Then, it finally started holding. But a bit of it wanted to go another direction....

Boom! The specking seen in the 'momma came across even better.

EjbXbCk.jpg

Overall- 10/10 communication and quality.

0/10 on proper anemone discipline.. It did NOT want to stay put :D. @Cultivated Reef has to get out those brass knuckles!

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spread out the 'nems to hopefully separate the two pairs of clowns before they do a battle-to-the-death.

15SbPsC.jpg

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was actually the opposite of my plan; I wanted a single huge one in the middle, and ended up with three LOL. Oh well

lol. i’m glad your were happy with the transaction itself though. ;)

they are fantastic looking. just give it time and they will all be huge!

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. i’m glad your were happy with the transaction itself though. ;)

they are fantastic looking. just give it time and they will all be huge!

Yeah the vendor was great- quickly gave me tips on dealing with the unruly nem.

I plan on shooting some mysis in twice a week using my Juliens Thing!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back