Amazon Experiment

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2016
Messages
2,293
Reaction score
2,775
Location
Akron Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to try a fun little experiment a few weeks ago using my Amazon Prime account. It goes like this...

I came up with a list of 52 names, those include family, friends, and a couple strangers that I have only met once. The idea is when that persons name comes up for that particular week, they are aloud to spend $10 of my money and buy me any gift they choose without me knowing. When that gift comes I open it to surprise of whatever gift it might be. The idea is at the end of one year, I will have complied 52 different gifts. It is interesting to me what people get me for their gifts as some are random while others are a reflection of me. Its been quite a joy the 14 weeks I started the experiment. Anyway one of my gifts this week was this...

image-jpeg.72214
 
15 weeks into it and it's a blast. So many fun gifts. Some although I can't even mention as its not exactly appropriate to say.
 
LOL Sounds like a fun idea!
 
As part of my Amazon experiment, one week someone had purchased this...
03adf5ce2ef5acbb9880b5e8c4fd5c5d.jpg
...should I give it a try?
 
Engaging and fun idea of an experiment! May adapt it myself if you don't mind :D. Seems like your friends and family know you and your hobbies quite well from the gifts you posted; did you organize this experiment with them yourself?

-JN
 
Engaging and fun idea of an experiment! May adapt it myself if you don't mind :D. Seems like your friends and family know you and your hobbies quite well from the gifts you posted; did you organize this experiment with them yourself?

-JN

Ah thank you. It's been fun. I'm about half way through a year. Honest didn't think it would last this long. It was a drunk idea I came up with one night. I've contacted Amazon through email a couple times but they haven't contacted me back. I hope one day I can talk to someone at that company to pitch the idea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new