Amazon selling frag racks for $7.99?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
cutting the legs was sort of a disaster and getting 4 the exact same length resulted in some short legs. . . Still works though and here it is in action:
IMG_0428.jpeg
That's about my bi-weekly trimming of JF green birds nest also... Once it starts going it grows like a weed.
 
got an update on this? I picked one up and wondering if I should just drop it in the tank or if there was any special way you prepped it.
 
got an update on this? I picked one up and wondering if I should just drop it in the tank or if there was any special way you prepped it.
I cut mine, both the grid and the legs, so it would better fit the tiny tank i was using at the time. I did not use the bottom plate (probably a detritus trap). Then I just washed it in tap water before putting in the tank.

So if you are using it as is, I would throw out the bottom plate, rinse it, then put it in the tank.
 
I cut mine, both the grid and the legs, so it would better fit the tiny tank i was using at the time. I did not use the bottom plate (probably a detritus trap). Then I just washed it in tap water before putting in the tank.

So if you are using it as is, I would throw out the bottom plate, rinse it, then put it in the tank.
Thank you
 
got an update on this? I picked one up and wondering if I should just drop it in the tank or if there was any special way you prepped it.
Oh and let the air out of the legs by flipping it upside down underwater before putting it on the bottom (could also drill small holes in the corners to let air escape if you really wanted too)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new