AmGuard questions

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found bacterial diseases in an Eibli angelfish that I had in quarantine, and I had to put it in a hospital tank to medicate it, it has finished its treatment but I still have it in the hospital tank with fresh water regularly and I have placed amguard to control ammonia, however I have noticed the same reading with my test, is it supposed to reduce ammonia or just neutralize it?
I'm going to put water, biological elements and new water from my DT directly into my QT to return to the fish, but at the moment I have not had time to do it, by the way does anyone know what medications Amguard can work with? I only know that it cannot be combined with cupramine.

OP
OP
LaloJ

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The label says it's supposed to work in minutes, and add daily if necessary, so well I've used it on a couple of occasions and my fish have shown no signs of stress to the ammonia present though but I'd love to know if it also removes the damage it causes to the internal organs of the fish.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The label says it's supposed to work in minutes, and add daily if necessary, so well I've used it on a couple of occasions and my fish have shown no signs of stress to the ammonia present though but I'd love to know if it also removes the damage it causes to the internal organs of the fish.

I’d love to know if it does anything useful. Don’t be fooled into assuming all hobby products do what they claim. Some some do not.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best thing to do is add some biosponge and an oversized bottle of cycling bacteria

OP
OP
LaloJ

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was finally able to make the movement with water from my main tank, I'll be on hand with water changes if the new quarantine requires it, maybe I'll add some liquid bacteria just in case and I'll monitor the levels every night.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back