Ammonia and coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ksturg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I dose 3ml/100gallons. Has fed my system perfectly. Chaeto is growing like a weed and corals are looking great. Been dosing for about 6 months. Ammonium Chloride.
I also dose potassium permanganate as an oxidizer 3 drops per/100g

Thanks for the info and welcome to reef2Reef!

You might also add this comment to this more recent thread:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-ammonia-dosing-for-low-nitrate-systems.987087
FWIW, I'm not a fan of permanganate. Why do you use it?
 
Thanks for the info and welcome to reef2Reef!

You might also add this comment to this more recent thread:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-ammonia-dosing-for-low-nitrate-systems.987087
FWIW, I'm not a fan of permanganate. Why do you use it?
Hey thanks for the additional thread. There are so many on this site. It’s hard to know where to put it.
I dose permanganate to keep my ORP in range. Ive noticed it helps keep it more stabilized.
Thanks for the info and welcome to reef2Reef!

You might also add this comment to this more recent thread:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-ammonia-dosing-for-low-nitrate-systems.987087
FWIW, I'm not a fan of permanganate. Why do you use it?
 
Thanks for the info and welcome to reef2Reef!

You might also add this comment to this more recent thread:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-ammonia-dosing-for-low-nitrate-systems.987087
FWIW, I'm not a fan of permanganate. Why do you use it?
Why are you not a fan? I mean, you are practically a legend, so if you say it’s not good, I’ll take it to heart. I know a little chemistry but I know you know pretty much everything related to marine chemistry.
Thanks for the info and welcome to reef2Reef!

You might also add this comment to this more recent thread:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-ammonia-dosing-for-low-nitrate-systems.987087
FWIW, I'm not a fan of permanganate. Why do you use it?
In general I find it to be an excellent oxidizer. Do you have any bad experiences with it? I couldn’t find a specific article where you talk about it.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new