Ammonia dosing help

greyhunter

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Messages
55
Reaction score
18
Location
roeselare
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I posted an hour ago about ghost feeding my tank as a ammonia source. I had a couple of comments saying that you need A LOT of food to reach 2 ppm ammonia. So i went on investigation. Since i cant get dr tims ammonia in my country is searched for a alternative. I came up with the following. I searched for the concentration of dr tims and found it was 40mg/ml and that you need to add 1 drop per L tankwater (75 drops in my case). Now i bought 100 grams of pure ammonia chloride and I’m planning to dissolve it is 50 cl of rodi water. If my calculations are correct that would put it in a concentration of 200mg/ml which means i need to dose 15 drops to reach 2 ppm right? Now my question is, is this a good method and did my math check out? Thank you in advance!
 
Hi guys, I posted an hour ago about ghost feeding my tank as a ammonia source. I had a couple of comments saying that you need A LOT of food to reach 2 ppm ammonia. So i went on investigation. Since i cant get dr tims ammonia in my country is searched for a alternative. I came up with the following. I searched for the concentration of dr tims and found it was 40mg/ml and that you need to add 1 drop per L tankwater (75 drops in my case). Now i bought 100 grams of pure ammonia chloride and I’m planning to dissolve it is 50 cl of rodi water. If my calculations are correct that would put it in a concentration of 200mg/ml which means i need to dose 15 drops to reach 2 ppm right? Now my question is, is this a good method and did my math check out? Thank you in advance!

I give ammonium chloride dosing recipes here. Just scale it to 2 ppm:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-ammonia-dosing-for-low-nitrate-systems.987087/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new