Ammonia slowly climbing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PRock
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Okay, I'm done with this Seneye thing. I shutdown my computer to install some new hardware, moved the USB port the Seneye is plugged into, rebooted the computer and my PH tanked?!?

21/6/2020 1:27 PM7.69
21/6/2020 1:21 PM7.69
21/6/2020 12:37 PM8.03
21/6/2020 12:07 PM8.04
21/6/2020 11:37 AM8.03
21/6/2020 11:07 AM8.03
21/6/2020 10:37 AM8.02
21/6/2020 10:07 AM8.02
21/6/2020 9:37 AM8.02
21/6/2020 9:07 AM8.01
21/6/2020 8:37 AM8.01
21/6/2020 8:07 AM8
 
It was out of the water for oh, about 30 seconds as I re-routed the cables. I have ammonia again! By the next reading it was showing ammonia, and it went over the alarm value of 0.05 ppm within an hour and a half and has staid there pretty much ever since. So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that according to the Seneye, Air = Ammonia.
Re seated the slide under water - guess when!

If the seneye is using an optical sensor to measure a color change in a chip (seems likely) then small air bubbles could totally change the apparent measurements.
If so, that's a pretty annoying implementation - air bubbles causing a false high ammonia alert.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new