Ammonia spike to kill pest

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, the reason I say no is because for each pest you want to source out prior work threads, ammonia isn't used in any of them. It sure can be made lethal, but its such a wide-acting agent nobody really uses it that way.

what pests u got

OP
OP
N

nothingreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, the reason I say no is because for each pest you want to source out prior work threads, ammonia isn't used in any of them. It sure can be made lethal, but its such a wide-acting agent nobody really uses it that way.

what pests u got
Bristle worms, and aiptasia

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everyone has their fav way to rid those, the worms Im low on ideas, I had a boxer crab that hunted them down from my tank and pulled them out of the rock to eat. Aiptasia for sure I only have one way Ill remove them from my rocks: set rock on counter. use a hammer and small Phillips screwdriver to tap and pry from up under them and take the rock surface its anchored to and toss out that chip + anemone.

don't do anything in tank, don't inject them with things, if you rasp them out + the spot they anchor to outside the tank aiptasia are the easiest to remove of any hitchhiker. Ive never had more than one in my tank with new live rock/insta killed to zero.

Online I watch threads where people partially work with them months as they divide up

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 86 45.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.0%
Back