Ammonia

  • Thread starter Thread starter tedstan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tedstan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome Ga.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides water changes what is the best way to get rid of ammonia? We had a couple of things to die and didn't find them quick enough, now we have ammonia. I have already done about a 65% water change and we are still at 0.50% ammonia. Yes it was very high to start with, and we did loose fish. I have about 40 lbs. of live sand and about 50 - 60 lbs. of live rock and have added bacteria to the tank.
Can anyone help??
 
Alot of those chemicals are only barely reef safe etc, I would stick with water changes if you have the facilities.
 
Actually it's Amquel plus that removes ammonia, nitrites and nitrates not plain Amquel.

Ive used it safely in all my tanks without any problems as long as use it per directions.

kass
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new