Amphipods?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey thank you for the suggestion, we are looking into it at the moment. Thanks again!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to second this request!

I lost all mine when I treated for Bryopsis. Would be nice to have more options when it comes to these little critters!

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes, another offering like amphipods done "cleanly" without risk of parasites like your other products would be great from you guys!

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to second this request!

I lost all mine when I treated for Bryopsis. Would be nice to have more options when it comes to these little critters!

How did you treat?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you treat?
Fluconazole. Decimated my entire pod population, unfortunately. Not sure if it was directly or because my system became too clean.

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluconazole. Decimated my entire pod population, unfortunately. Not sure if it was directly or because my system became too clean.

Interesting, I have a huge pod and amphipod population. Some of them are the size of small shrimp. I have to clean pods off my glass daily. There’s Bryopsis in my fuge, it came in on a snail. None of it survives in my display. I’ve been on the fence about treating it. I could put some peroxide in the fuge but I’m sure the algae is everywhere and my fuge has tons of sponges. The treatment definitely worked?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I have a huge pod and amphipod population. Some of them are the size of small shrimp. I have to clean pods off my glass daily. There’s Bryopsis in my fuge, it came in on a snail. None of it survives in my display. I’ve been on the fence about treating it. I could put some peroxide in the fuge but I’m sure the algae is everywhere and my fuge has tons of sponges. The treatment definitely worked?
Yup, it definitely worked. For the bryopsis in the shady areas it took weeks, but everything getting blasted by light died in the first week.

caietaro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to see these offered as well! I've been on the search for a source of healthy, clean amphipods.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back