Amphiprion nigripes

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may be dealing with velvet ... are there other fish in the office tank? Can you set up a quarantine tank with copper or Chloroquine Phosphate for them if there are? Velvet moves fast . . .

~Bruce

The clowns were acting funny in the bag from the LFS, so likely something in their water. There were originally 3 of them...when the lfs was bagging the fish, they moved a rock to reveal the third one as snack. It looked like ich more than velvet, visually... but regardless of which, it was probably already internal to the fish. Both had hard time breathing and swimming.

The good news is that my tank at work is pretty much more QT / half-way house to my DTs at home. No other fish other than a red mandarin that I decided to rescue (saw her completely emaciated at another store yesterday). The mandarin is doing fine.

At this point, the office tank will run almost fallow save the mandarin, which are pretty sturdy against common things like ich and maybe velvet. I may just plug in my UV sterilizer and let it run for a month or two as a precaution...

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarins are resistant, but not entirely immune. The disease can potentially keep ticking along at a low level with the mandy in the tank, hidden inside her gills and invisible until you add another fish.

Stay vigilant . . .

~Bruce

OP
OP
mort

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear of your troubles but with clowns it's hard to look past brooklynella. Hopefully it isn't as that's much quicker.

As for my pair, they are doing great. They have really darkened to a light chocolate brown at the dorsal which deepens as you move down the fish to the most intense black I've seen. The white stripe looks blue because of this.
They are quite feisty, or more correctly, able to stick up for themselves and live in a toadstool that is still getting used to them. I don't have a camera at the moment but when I find one I'll try and add a picture.

adtravels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back so here they are:

IMG_6996.jpg
IMG_6989.jpg
IMG_6969.jpg

Back