CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Germany -

hanks for your e-mail and your interest shown in the STELLAR

No there was no mistake with the shipment in the US.

The 120 Volt version of the STELLAR (also for other 120 Volt countries) has no complete bulb cover. The edges of the bulbs are covered with an acrylic splash shield (about 2” each) to protect the

bulb against water splashes. The bulb/ light area itself is open to achieve the maximum light output and PAR.

CoralVue should have the standard version of the STELLAR (22,45” width) and the XL extension kit in stock. The 20” shortening kit can be ordered separately.

Please feel free to contact us any time if you have further questions

Best regards

Your GIESEMANN Team

Hmmmm...

So as I stated in my review- I purchased a 120V version directly from them. I was one of the first to purchase.

It came with complete shield covers but as I mentioned they were locked in and in order to change the bulbs you would need to take off the side plates which is a royal PIA.

After my dealings with them they have modified the side plates so you can easily slide out the cover to change bulbs.

In my opinion ( conjecture)- they had stock of the original that needed a fix. A simple fix would be to cut the shields so that the ends (electrical contacts) are covered but otherwise it is open. This would take care of the bulb changing issue and heat issue.

Also gives them an easy explanation in terms of the “Par” etc.

In any event they came through for me with the new end plates which allow me to slide the shield out when needed. They also modified the short version of the endplate and incorporated the vent slits for cooling. I’m happy with the fixture now and it looks great in my opinion.

ec3b6435911d9aa4b4056eacc42f5f20.jpg

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get the short vented end plates? I don’t see them anywhere and Coralvue doesn’t respond.

They sure don’t make it easy to buy this thing.

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was thking about getting them but was debating between the aqautic life or the stellar my question is do they make the end plates so that one can change the bulbs dont wanna modifiy the fixture and void the warranty also as far as electricity does it pull alot of it i leave in a old apartment complex and the wiring is ancient

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so they addressed the cut out slits on the end plates to change the bulbs and do they have the bulb shields as well is this for us version? really want to get them i emailed them no response yet

OP
OP
CDavmd

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so they addressed the cut out slits on the end plates to change the bulbs and do they have the bulb shields as well is this for us version? really want to get them i emailed them no response yet

I can’t answer that. I ordered directly from them in Germany. I can’t confirm that the US distributors are providing shields or the modified end plates. Best to call and ask.

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the Aquatic Life fixture. It also has some shortcomings, but at least I can get my questions answered about that fixture.

I still don't know if I could get the 20" bracket if I ordered the Giesemann fixture (without waiting 4 weeks from Germany). Coralvue really needs to step up if they're serious about selling this in the US.

Whispers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to order mine from bulk reef but where do I get more led mounting brackets?
I want to use 3 radions please help

OP
OP
CDavmd

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to order mine from bulk reef but where do I get more led mounting brackets?
I would call BRS if not contact Giesemann directly. I purchased from Giesemann before there were distributors in the US so I honestly do not know.

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I bought mine directly from Giesemann as I needed to deal with them to get me the updated end plates with the cutout for sliding out the bulb shield. They were 12.52 euro each set and added a bit more to the high shipping cost for just the end plates. I called CoralVue and Premium Aquatics prior, they were asking $100 for the bracket.

I have 3 Radions XR30 Gen 4 Pro on my 59" setup. I ordered 2 sets and may be able to find the extra set to sell to you.

Whispers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk reef says there’s no bulb shield.. your saying if I order direct the fixture will have bulb shield ? Is it more expensive than bulk reef?

spectra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So has anyone picked one of these up from BRS ? As stated above they say no splash shield for the lights ? Is this true now ? Wanted to get a 59" model for a 750.....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back