Anchor coral

drmofjeannie

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2026
Messages
26
Reaction score
37
Location
U.S.
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this coral for 3 months now and I notice every couple of weeks tiny pieces of the ends floating around my tank. Is this normal? It looks healthy and hasn't changed.

20260226_125124.jpg
 
I went through a couple weeks of the same thing happening.

No, I don't think its normal, but I also don't think there's anything you can do about it. I certainly did nothing, and it finally stopped... About two weeks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new