Andrew.oh17

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
New house = new tank. Upgraded from a 92 gallon corner tank to a 180 gallon 72lx24wx24h tank. Really excited to get it up and running. Stay tuned.

Old Tank.jpg

Old^

IMG_2934.jpg

New [more rocks in sump w/ fish]^

BRS
Corals.com
OP
Andrew.oh17

Andrew.oh17

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My Reeflo Swordtail stopped working this past weekend and I was lucky enough to quickly find one on eBay used. I took some time to re-plumb some of the lines going up to my DT upstairs so here's a quick photo of what I did.
IMG_4607.jpg

In my previous tank I had a check valve that I used to stop any back flow in case of a power outage. Since I've upgraded to the 180 I've got an overflow and don't need to worry about it(as much)...so I removed the check valve. I didn't realize just how much flow I had been losing because of it. Excuse the mess in the above photo - I took this just before turning on the pump for the first time and did a lot of cleanup afterwards to get things back in order. The flow was so great that the return was overflowing my refugium and I had to quickly reroute it.

Next phase: setting up a manifold for the return(and returning all of the unused PVC)!

Avast
OP
Andrew.oh17

Andrew.oh17

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
IMG_0856.jpg

It's been awhile since I've posted some pictures - here's a long horned cowfish and fowleri tang we've had for about six months now!

The red algae is gone from the below picture(photo a few months old) - the next hurdle is an aiptasia infestation, but I've just received 13 berghia from Salty Underground and a filefish that I've added to our 180 DT, 55 gallon refugium, and the 60 gallon holding tank. We'll see how things shape up.

IMG_0855.jpg

AquaCave

What do you use?

• Gfo

Votes: 24 5.7%
  • Carbon

Votes: 153 36.4%
  • Carbon & GFO

Votes: 133 31.7%
  • Water changes

Votes: 295 70.2%
MAX OUT