android or apple for apex fusion

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i bit the bullet and ordered an apex and extra power bar and some other things.

i want to set up a full time tablet to interface with fusion.

so here is the issue, i am NOT an apple guy but i keep hearing horror stories on thr android fusion app. all the ratings are either 1 or 5.. mostly 1s.

Thought i would seek out info here first..

so.. cheap android table or old apple pad?

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use both. Matter of Fact Terrance Fugazzi From Neptune recommends using a Amazon fire tablet.
I use a IPad but also have a amazon fire as well
I can’t comment on Android though

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the android app is still in beta testing, No?
I use my Samsung galaxy when I'm out and about and I just connect through that browser. I've never used the app before.
I've never had any problems connecting to fusion that way.

needbiggertanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went on the website on my samsung and clicked on something that created a shortcut on my phones homepage. Working great.

OP
OP
pdxmonkeyboy

pdxmonkeyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am interested in getting feefback on using thr fusion app on an android phone.

If terrance recomends using a google fire... which is android BTW, why does the fusion app for android have a two star rating??

needbiggertanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not even sure what this means??
I unlocked my phone. I opened up my web browser. Went on the fusion website. Logged in. There was an option to send fusion to my homescreen. I clicked on it. An icon immediately appeared on my homescreen. I clicked on that. Now i control my apex through that shortcut. I did not go through my app store. It is working great. It is all I use. It may be an updated version of the beta app since its directly from the fusion website. OR it may just a shortcut to a mobile version of the webpage. But it is working great. I control everything, write code, turn on/off, and plot graphs successfully.

Helpful?

OP
OP
pdxmonkeyboy

pdxmonkeyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unlocked my phone. I opened up my web browser. Went on the fusion website. Logged in. There was an option to send fusion to my homescreen. I clicked on it. An icon immediately appeared on my homescreen. I clicked on that. Now i control my apex through that shortcut. I did not go through my app store. It is working great. It is all I use. It may be an updated version of the beta app since its directly from the fusion website. OR it may just a shortcut to a mobile version of the webpage. But it is working great. I control everything, write code, turn on/off, and plot graphs successfully.

Helpful?
yes, that helps a bunch. I just ordered my apex so obviously have no hands on experience yet. im just trying to avoid networking nightmares that i hear about.

i guess i was just confused about the website and fusion and navigating directly to your apex via its ip address.

needbiggertanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, that helps a bunch. I just ordered my apex so obviously have no hands on experience yet. im just trying to avoid networking nightmares that i hear about.

i guess i was just confused about the website and fusion and navigating directly to your apex via its ip address.
Thats great! I actually have a hard time explaining things, and getting things across not just in writing but in person too. Writing my graduate thesis was a nightmare!! And i had no clue either until i finally got mine too. I actually didnt want to download the app because of reviews but what i ended up with on my phone is great.

Good luck with everything.

Ebone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird my apex runs great on my android. I didn't even realize there was an issue... I also use am Amazon fire as a screen

OP
OP
pdxmonkeyboy

pdxmonkeyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats great! I actually have a hard time explaining things, and getting things across not just in writing but in person too. Writing my graduate thesis was a nightmare!! And i had no clue either until i finally got mine too. I actually didnt want to download the app because of reviews but what i ended up with on my phone is great.

Good luck with everything.
yeah thanks. I write pretty well but my thesis still took Fo-EVER to write. I picked up a par monitor as well so based on my understanding, since i dont have the apex display, i will have to navigate directly to the device to see real time par values.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back