Anemone Balled Up After Shipping

beehive124

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2021
Messages
493
Reaction score
212
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I just my first anemone through the mail today. It came balled up. I'm guessing this is normal, but I figured I'd just double check to make sure it's not dead.
 
There will probably be other things that worry you also lol. Just acclimate it well.
 
Yep I got a drip going right now
For the future buy them locally. Always tons of reefers on here or in Facebook groups selling anemone. Always get healthier specimens and usually much cheaper than online orders.
 
I live in a pretty rural area, where there isn’t a good saltwater store for 3 hours. I’ve always ordered my corals online and never really had any problems
For the future buy them locally. Always tons of reefers on here or in Facebook groups selling anemone. Always get healthier specimens and usually much cheaper than online orders.
 
I paid $50 for the big one from a local guy by me.
 

Attachments

  • 20220105_120059.mp4
    15.5 MB
I live in a pretty rural area, where there isn’t a good saltwater store for 3 hours. I’ve always ordered my corals online and never really had any problems
See if you can find a local saltwater page on Facebook. Usually people sell bta’s as cheap as $20 (depends on the area and anemone size & color). But you can almost always get one for $50 or less.
 
Mine balls up daily. Can't figure out why. Parameters are fine.
Today after 2 months has decided he didn't like the home he picked so has moved a little up a rock
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new