Anemone climbing back wall

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got this beautiful purple-tipped BTA about a month ago. We put him halfway up, on the front side of the rocks in the left side of the tank. He stayed there for a night and has since been roaming the tank. Never staying put for more than a couple days, mostly hanging around the back of the rock structure but stretching to reach the light. Now he's climbing up the back wall on the right side of the tank.

Should I try to peel him and off and put him back on the rocks or just let him do his thing? Has anyone ever had one stay on the wall permanently? It seems to me he's searching for more light and would do better on the front side of the rocks, just can't seem to find his way there.

IMG_9518.JPG

IMG_9260.JPG

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave him , if you peel it off and put him somewhere else he’s going to go right back where it was. It will find its spot eventually

greg 45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a magnifica . Poss seeking more light or more flow. Let it go where it want's To go . It will find a happy place , also cover all power heads so it doesn't get caught in one .

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a magnifica . Poss seeking more light or more flow. Let it go where it want's To go . It will find a happy place , also cover all power heads so it doesn't get caught in one .
It’s a bubble tip

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It’s a bubble tip

LFS rang him up as a BTA for what it's worth. How do you tell the difference?

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it might be a magnifica also...likes HIGH light and lots of flow if it is..I've rarely seen BTA's climb the back glass like that

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back