Anemone/clownfish room build

Have you ever measured your PAR in any of the tanks? I'm curious, because everything I've read says BTAs need "SPS level" light, but most people I ask have them in 150-ish PAR or less.

When I did my initial light setup, I used a PAR meter and saved "schedules" (AI app) for my tank at 100, 125, 150, 175 and 200 PAR (measured right in the middle of the cube). It's a 10g cube, so there's not much room for them to move closer to, or get away from the light.

Now that I'm ready to add my first anemone, I'm wondering where to start.
They seem to like sps light. And they will hide under a rock or move if it’s too bright…where an acro will just get fried!
 
Sherman’s…8 or 9 in there I believe

A1C62926-A183-44F8-9F6D-50AEFCD850C8.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new