Anemone Cradle

Pelagikos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased one of these and paid almost $40 for it. First of all, do they work?
Second of all, it was supposed to have been cured for 30 days prior to shipment but when I received the cradle it smelled like chemicals and was bleach white.
Makes me feel a little suspicious.

20221208_232832.jpg

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used one of these before. While the anemone may stay in it, there is no guarantee. Mine stayed put for a few months, and then went up onto the main rockscape. It should still be placed in an area where the nem would be happy, so in a high light and medium flow area for a BTA. I added mine to the tank after rinsing in RO/DI water, and I had no issues. It did grow diatoms, though.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pelagikos

Pelagikos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used one of these before. While the anemone may stay in it, there is no guarantee. Mine stayed put for a few months, and then went up onto the main rockscape. It should still be placed in an area where the nem would be happy, so in a high light and medium flow area for a BTA. I added mine to the tank after rinsing in RO/DI water, and I had no issues. It did grow diatoms, though.
Definitely don't expect it to stay put but long enough to become accustomed to the tank would be awesome!
I appreciate your insight. My first anemone was a condy about a year ago, and I didn't have much luck with it.
This is a so-called "Solar Flare" BTA by Cornbred, it is absolutely gorgeous and I don't want to lose it...so any info would be fantastic!
50 gallon Waterbox, Auto dosing, 2 AI Hydras, all my levels are good and stable. (I can post the exact numbers if you'd like to see them)
This is my second attempt at an anemone, do they have to have a hole to feel comfortable or can they just adjust to say, a nook or cranny?

Upvote 0

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I looked up the Solar Flare anemone, and that is a really nice looking strain. From my experience, BTAs are pretty easy to keep as long as everything is kept stable and the tank has been cycled for at least eight or so months. It sounds like all of your bases are covered, so you should be good to go!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pelagikos

Pelagikos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I looked up the Solar Flare anemone, and that is a really nice looking strain. From my experience, BTAs are pretty easy to keep as long as everything is kept stable and the tank has been cycled for at least eight or so months. It sounds like all of your bases are covered, so you should be good to go!
Thanks for the encouragement! Right now I have it in an acclimation box near the top in a cup of rubble, how do you suggest that I transition to the rock work?

Upvote 0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.9%
Back