Anemone cube

Rossko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone! sooo i have waterbox 20 cube and ive always wanted an anemone tank so that will be my plan here going forward. anyways im new here to AZ FRAG and still fairly new to reefing. my 75g has been up and running for about 10 months now and is doing amazing. i think i want to do Black widow BTA's in my tank and was seeing if anyone in the group would possibly have any for sale in the next couple months or so and possibly any input on what other BTA's may be ok to mix with them? thanks for looking and taking the time to help me out!

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i my 20 or so years in this industry and researching/studying anemones, i have successfully kept at least four different species in one tank. i don’t believe peptide toxins in anemones really affect other anemones. there are rumors though. lots and lots of rumors.

OP
OP
Rossko

Rossko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i my 20 or so years in this industry and researching/studying anemones, i have successfully kept at least four different species in one tank. i don’t believe peptide toxins in anemones really affect other anemones. there are rumors though. lots and lots of rumors.
awesome thank you!! i may have to look into one for your lids for my 20 cube as well

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you saw this, but when I read it, I thought about you.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

$250. :oops:

i may have a small one for sale in a month or so. not for $250!!!!!

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too much? I don't know prices. It seemed par for the course...
I was wide eyed about torch prices, but my opinions aren't shared by many in the hobby.

unfortunately, they do go for that much. hard for me to swallow since it’s just an rbta with while streaks on the oral disc and a red/purple column. nothing super special. and they aren’t all from the same lineage, like the colorado sunburst.

but i’m also the boomer who hates anemone prices currently. back “in the day” i was getting sunbursts for $150 and selling them for $300. now they’re $2k????? barf.

OP
OP
Rossko

Rossko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i did see that one! but i thought maybe that was priced a little high for me. just looking for another fellow reefer trying to help people in the hobby rather than empty their bank accounts lol. thank you for thinking of me though!

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wide eyed about torch prices, but my opinions aren't shared by many in the hobby.
Meh, guys like us that have been around a while aren't buying them at those prices. It's just the hype train playing with artificial supply/demand. When you've watched this market for a decade or more, you know that in a few years the prices of those will be back on point, and something else will be hot.
And even during a "peak" market, that XYZ coral can still typically be had for the old price, if you know where to look.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 153 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 35.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 54 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back