BTA and Elegance Coral Close to each other

tmhickey2023

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I know it’s best to try to keep anemones and corals separated if possible. However, my BTA has moved and gotten within touching distance of my elegance coral. I have not seen any untoward effects this far but should I relocate the elegance ?

Thanks for any input or advice!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Build a wall." :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

I don't know how to tell you how to react because once a nem starts wandering it may just follow the coral if you move the coral to the other side of the tank? I like to let the nems find their spot, (hopefully with a clownfish tending it) so that it is happy where it is at and so it stops wandering. Once they have set up shop, then I feel safer adding the coral at a safe distance away from the nems home and then I hope that the nem doesn't decide to wander after I add the coral and thereby change the world that the nem is living in, causing it to wander?

It doesn't end there, because as the nems eat they grow and may split. After they split it isn't uncommon for one or both of the clones to start moving about which confounds the desire to find a safe place for corals as time progresses.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back