Anemone dying

Burray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've attached a new picture of Emmie from this morning. Her color has gotten better than it was but she is clearly very weak, just hanging. I know I put her in the tank too early, only 2 months in. I wish the store would have told me it was too soon but ultimately my fault for not doing the research on Amenomes. I've read that if she dies in the tank, my tank will crash and all in the tank will die. Should I try to remove her? Should I continue to leave her alone? Please help!

IMG_20211008_100225162.jpg

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
She's far from dead yet!

What are your tank parameters? Any swings?

If you can, put it in an isolation box so it can get the light it needs to recover. Might help to include a small rock for it to attach to as well.

Edit: If it does die, it will start melting away and disintegrate into a mass. The isolation box will help in this case as well. It will cause an ammonia spike, but if your biological filtration is sufficient, you'll have enough time to get it out of the tank without any ill effects.

OP
OP
Burray

Burray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's far from dead yet!

What are your tank parameters? Any swings?

If you can, put it in an isolation box so it can get the light it needs to recover. Might help to include a small rock for it to attach to as well.

Edit: If it does die, it will start melting away and disintegrate into a mass. The isolation box will help in this case as well. It will cause an ammonia spike, but if your biological filtration is sufficient, you'll have enough time to get it out of the tank without any ill effects.
I wanted to show you an update on how she looks today. I got the isolation box over the weekend but she seems worse and I'm afraid of her contaminating the tank. Any more thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20211011_113041194.jpg
    IMG_20211011_113041194.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 51

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sadly, it does look like it's on its way out. Its mesenterial filaments (guts) are clearly out and mouth wide open, if it hasn't already, it will likely start melting soon. Sorry!

OP
OP
Burray

Burray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, it does look like it's on its way out. Its mesenterial filaments (guts) are clearly out and mouth wide open, if it hasn't already, it will likely start melting soon. Sorry!
Yes she's gone, thank you.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back