Anemone eggs or full belly?

anirbas91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this large bubble tip anemone and I've noticed these dark streaks towards the base recently. I've been reading up on anemone reproduction and of course there is only basic information. I know that there has been a few reefers who have experienced a spawning event. I was curious if anyone has a male or female anemone and noticed anything before it was time to get busy lol.

I have been feeding on the regular in hopes that it will split and grow faster. Of course my one fear if over feeding. Thankfully nems tend to spit out the extra food if they are full.

What do you think? Could this be those streaks be eggs or just undigested food?

20220108_213634.jpg

OP
OP
A

anirbas91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the best picture I could get of the tentacles. If you look in the circled spot you. An see a few small dots. I guess I'm just being hopeful that it could be a female anemone.

20220108_215325.jpg

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I have seen nems use sexual reproduction I actually just got some really really small gigantea carpets in that I believe are the product of sexual reproduction/budding. The way I think it works is there are eggs in the females tentacles and when there is a spawning event the anemones with the eggs will intake the sperm and fertilize the eggs and then bud off fully colored up baby nems

Back