Anemone Foot twisting?

gabrieltackitt

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2020
Messages
600
Reaction score
1,064
Location
Tulsa, OK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anemones foot is twisting? Is their something wrong or something I should do?

9594153B-CAAE-40E9-B1DE-4DCC9AF25DDE.jpeg
 
They will do that. Completely normal
 
They have to find a way to turn . In some cases, this may occur when there is too much flow which causes them to move. Their foot is made of muscle fibers and tentacles cells.
 
I was about to ask if my BTA is in trouble. If I poke it I can manage to get it to shrink and it's back to normal, but the next day... it's twisted again. Definitely it's due to the flow. Its "mother" lives a few centimeters away but stays in place only moving a bit when it's directly fed (which is not often). I included a pic of 30 mins ago...
 

Attachments

  • 20211210_142028.jpg
    20211210_142028.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 63
It started to twist even more so I poked it again and again and now it's finally seem to be moving to where there's not much flow (and no poking!), it's a little shrunk now but that's fine
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new