Anemone help

chrisdlc11827

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently got red bubble tip anemone 3 weeks ago everything was fine then last 3 days it has been very small and appears to be loseing color also had a shrimp die 4 days ago was well
Tank has been established 1.5 years all water tests look good he was being spot fed and eating until 3 days ago when he started looking in healthy

Also have seabae anemone on other side of tank but it is lookin healthy he’s been in tank aprox 6 months
Any ideas ?
first phot is him now second photo was last week

E33F7A29-764C-4ECA-AE59-ED023A3B70BC.jpeg 0788907A-0B97-4B38-9723-CFAA584B854F.jpeg

OP
OP
C

chrisdlc11827

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That nems battling an infection.

Do you have Cipro on hand? Able to order it pronto?
Don’t have any on hand kinda new to the saltwater aquarium I got it form my father in-law 8 months ago And have been pretty fortunate with it running pretty smooth until I picked this guy up from a semi local fish store should I order a bottle on Amazon ?

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats one looks pretty fubar, could be splitting, but it looks to bad for that. Id be doing a large water change regardless of what your test kits say. like 80% change

OP
OP
C

chrisdlc11827

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats one looks pretty fubar, could be splitting, but it looks to bad for that. Id be doing a large water change regardless of what your test kits say. like 80% change
I’ll give it a shot tommorow down to my last 5 gallons of r0 water tonight an all fish stores around here close at 6 and were closed yesterday for Easter

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anenomes can come back from WAY WAY worse than this. Definitely Not Fubar yet.

A large WC, is also not going to help the anenome aside from possibly removing some free floating contaminants. The infection is inside. In fact, large WC's are a cause for Additional stress on anenome sometimes being blamed for random splits.

Don’t have any on hand kinda new to the saltwater aquarium I got it form my father in-law 8 months ago And have been pretty fortunate with it running pretty smooth until I picked this guy up from a semi local fish store should I order a bottle on Amazon ?
Can't get it on Amazon. Search chewy.com or doctors fosters and Smith. You are looking for aqua Cipro.

OP
OP
C

chrisdlc11827

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A large WC, is also not going to help the anenome aside from possibly removing some free floating contaminants. The infection is inside. In fact, large WC's are a cause for Additional stress on anenome sometimes being blamed for random splits.

Can't get it on Amazon. Search chewy.com or doctors fosters and Smith. You are looking for aqua Cipro.

So no water change l

so no water change and dose this
Also does it have good directions tank is 35 gallon with 10 gallon sump and protein skimmer

Attachments

• 2EB13B71-BA43-4105-8561-525214A5F935.png
    2EB13B71-BA43-4105-8561-525214A5F935.png
    356.7 KB · Views: 38

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can put mine in a blender and get 100 babies from the mess, so yes I understand

But his looks worse then any of mine ever have, less ones that got in a mp40, which resulted in 20 babies.
A large WC, is also not going to help the anenome
I dont agree

He has something going on, and every time my tank has crashed, or something is sick like his, an 80% water change can literally turn it around.

large WC's are a cause for Additional stress
Nonsense. Never had a large water change do anything negative to any tank in 30 years of raising nems professionally

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can put mine in a blender and get 100 babies from the mess, so yes I understand

But his looks worse then any of mine ever have, less ones that got in a mp40, which resulted in 20 babies.

I dont agree

He has something going on, and every time my tank has crashed, or something is sick like his, an 80% water change can literally turn it around.

Nonsense. Never had a large water change do anything negative to any tank in 30 years of raising nems professionally
I agree, I do a 90% water change ever week on my pico.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no water change l
do what you want, but you did not loose a shrimp and have a nem go south because your water was in good condition

If your worried about it, id do a large water change and use the medication

in 30 years, never had a single water change ever stress out a nem. and I do monthly 100G water changes in a 300G system. Every decade or so when I get sloppy and dont change water correctly, ill have the tank not look so good, and an 80 to 100% water change has always stopped any sickness any coral was suffering from.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So no water change l

so no water change and dose this
Also does it have good directions tank is 35 gallon with 10 gallon sump and protein skimmer
hang tight ,lost knows what he is talking about.
run some carbon tonight,
be ready to treat nem in separate vessel approx 2 gal ?
have SW ready for medicated QT water changes.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

,lost knows what he is talking about.
thats up for debate, his large water change criticism was not bright. I do these professionally and id give one to OP if my advise was wrong.
hang tight ,
hanging tight was what killed his shrimp and is killing his nem
be ready to treat nem in separate vessel approx 2 gal ?
have SW ready for medicated QT water changes
terrible advise, what is he going to do? peel a sick nems foot off the liverock.

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats up for debate, his large water change criticism was not bright. I do these professionally and id give one to OP if my advise was wrong.

hanging tight was what killed his shrimp and is killing his nem

terrible advise, what is he going to do? peel a sick nems foot off the liverock.
Is sais on @fishguy242 banner list that he's a fush medic, I think he has experience.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so what? you cant even spell fish. Cipro is all your going to be able to treat with, and his advise about removing the nem to a quarantine tank would be something that could cause more stress.

So are you saying my 30 years of successfully raising nems, has no value? what exactly is wrong with doing a large water change in a tank that just lost a shrimp and has a nem on the way out?

instead you want to jump on some danged popularity contest, instead of trying to help the OP
and your response is "you can't spell"
30 yrs exp, soo treat whole tank?? for 1 "sick" nem ??

yep ...ok... :rolleyes:
@Lost in the Sauce @Eagle_Steve @MERKEY
here's a 100 yrs experience in nems
WAIT ...go read their stickys at top of nem forum...

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and your response is "you can't spell"
30 yrs exp, soo treat whole tank?? for 1 "sick" nem ??

yep ...ok... :rolleyes:
@Lost in the Sauce @Eagle_Steve @MERKEY
here's a 100 yrs experience in nems
WAIT ...go read their stickys at top of nem forum...
quite the ego you try and protect, any chance you could offer some good advise?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 127 75.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back