Anemone Help

allen5x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me determine what breed of anemone I have?
Also been 2 weeks and still hasn’t found a “home”
Does she look healthy? Should I start to worry?

IMG_2505.jpeg IMG_2502.jpeg

Reef Psychology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a bubble tip anemone. What lighting & flow do you have? They are notorious for moving around.

It's hard to tell what kind of health it's in due to how photographs and tank lighting can mess with images. However, it does appear to be on the light side. I've kept them in as low as 150 PAR just fine, but I fed them 2 a week (cut up shrimp soaked in vitamins and Sel Con overnight). If it goes all the way to the top of the rocks or glass and is stretching it needs more light.

OP
OP
A

allen5x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a bubble tip anemone. What lighting & flow do you have? They are notorious for moving around.

It's hard to tell what kind of health it's in due to how photographs and tank lighting can mess with images. However, it does appear to be on the light side. I've kept them in as low as 150 PAR just fine, but I fed them 2 a week (cut up shrimp soaked in vitamins and Sel Con overnight). If it goes all the way to the top of the rocks or glass and is stretching it needs more light.
I had it on low light but recently turned it up a notch. And yes she’s moving around a lot. First she was hiding now she’s coming out. Is too much light a bad thing?

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it on low light but recently turned it up a notch. And yes she’s moving around a lot. First she was hiding now she’s coming out. Is too much light a bad thing?
They will find a spot they like, so have areas with higher light, and areas with lower light all within reasonable par.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 123 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back