Anemone id

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of anemone is this it has pink colour tips it’s hard to see in person.
IMG_4620.jpeg
IMG_4617.jpeg

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entacmea quadricolor It’s a bubble, but the solid white color and lighting are strange. Need better pics. No doubt it’s a bubble, bleached ones get transparent though and that looks milky white.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entacmea quadricolor It’s a bubble, but the solid white color and lighting are strange. Need better pics. No doubt it’s a bubble, bleached ones get transparent though and that looks milky white.
It’s like a light blue white colour in the white light and it has pink tips it’s not transparent so I don’t think it’s bleached but not sure

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean a nickname or what it might be sold as? Where was it purchased from? All “Bubble” Anemones regardless of color or name are the same species. There’s no real system to keep track of names anymore and not everything gets a name. I say go ahead and give it name. Call it the Minneapolis Milkburst, there’s something nice about the alliteration I like about it.
Left would be a green bubble with purple pinkish tips. Right would be a rose bubble that’s bleached and lost some of the symbiotic algae. Something that usually happens in too much light or heat. If it’s put into the correct water quality, it will recover and color should get deeper or or it can change a lot and have colors not even noticeable now. The intensity and the color of the lighting also affect the color too.

994FC307-DF33-4718-9EAD-C21927D4DF9E.jpeg 17EBC01A-A2AD-40BC-8353-3CEB45304548.jpeg

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean a nickname or what it might be sold as? Where was it purchased from? All “Bubble” Anemones regardless of color or name are the same species. There’s no real system to keep track of names anymore and not everything gets a name. I say go ahead and give it name. Call it the Minneapolis Milkburst, there’s something nice about the alliteration I like about it.
Left would be a green bubble with purple pinkish tips. Right would be a rose bubble that’s bleached and lost some of the symbiotic algae. Something that usually happens in too much light or heat. If it’s put into the correct water quality, it will recover and color should get deeper or or it can change a lot and have colors not even noticeable now. The intensity and the color of the lighting also affect the color too.

994FC307-DF33-4718-9EAD-C21927D4DF9E.jpeg 17EBC01A-A2AD-40BC-8353-3CEB45304548.jpeg
I don’t think it’s bleached though I can’t see through it at all even though it might look bleached in the image ther is no space I can see through

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back