Anemone identification

Wanegrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here and this is my first time posting. I got these anemones a couple years ago at a LFS. The girl at the store didn't know what they were. There was a ton of them in the tank she got them from. They were all stretched out and reaching up to the surface looking for the light. I showed someone at a different lfs a picture and he thought they were some type of rock flower anemone but wasn't sure. I started with 2 and over the course of 2 years they multiplied into more than 20. They are kind of overrunning my tank although they look cool they do bother coral if they get too close. Does anybody know what type anemone these are? The clownfish seem to like them and swim around by them all the time. Not sure if they are truly "hosting" them, as they move from one to another and swim all around them but they do like them. Any help in ID would be greatly appreciated!

NEM2.jpg NEM1.jpg

bradleym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, and welcome to Reef2Reef!

What you have there is a Borneman's Anemone, and I would tell you more about them, but it sounds like you are already very familiar with them by now. :) :upside-down-face:

OP
OP
Wanegrow

Wanegrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, and welcome to Reef2Reef!

What you have there is a Borneman's Anemone, and I would tell you more about them, but it sounds like you are already very familiar with them by now. :) :upside-down-face:
Awesome, Thank you! Yes when they first started multiplying, we were like, "Cool its doing good and now we have free ones!" However they have become a nuisance. I think the more of them there are the faster they multiply too!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back